Monday, August 28, 2023

RPGaDay 2023 questionaire

 


 So, I am a little late seeing this, but I figure what the hey lets take a run at it.


  1. Current campaign is Pulp Fantastic
  2. First ever RPG game master was a guy named Chris who was a grade or two above me. He had picked up a copy of the D&D white box edition and ran three of us through a dungeon. Back then we played it competitively, so each character entered the dungeon by themselves. Our group never adopted the adventure party style of play. We might have occasionally paired up but never more than two players at a time.
  3. Nothing, trying to cut down on new games
  4. I think the most recent game bought was Jackals whenever it came out.
  5. Well the D&D white box played back in 1977 or thereabouts. The oldest game that I have 'recently' played is Traveller
  6. Favorite game I never got to play is a tough question as how would a game that I have never played be a favorite game? But maybe the answer might be Talisman. It has an interesting system but I am not convinced that anyone I know would play it.
  7. Fate
  8. I mostly run games as the GM. My favorite character that I played was a cleric back in 1st ed D&D with our third GM. 
  9. Plain modern dice vs the old original dice that had numbers that rubbed off and corners that got rounded.
  10. Dragonlance but really because I do not read many books connected to RPG's
  11. Our third GM ran a pretty loose, wild, creative game based on original D&D. He made up a lot of systems and was very creative. He was also often stoned and thus some of the adventures that he ran had some very weird twist and turns. The main villain that I went up against was the dreaded Hashish the Green!
  12. Chivalry and Sorcery
  13. Ages ago in a C&S game a wizard erected a magickal barrier that prevented anything from getting through and made it impossible for him to see out. He had been dealing with a rampaging dragon and sought shelter in the dome. Unfortunately he was running low on energy and decided to end the spell hoping that it was safe to do so. It wasn't. The dragon was sitting on top of the dome. Splat.
  14.  
  15. As a rule I do not play RPG's at conventions. But I did play two once. The first was quite original and very entertaining, or so I think as I do not have a clear recollection of the game. The second game I do remember, more or less. It was tri-stat Tekumel. I played a follower of the fire God and happily sent some prisoners on their way to the great unknown courtesy of a nice fire pyre.

To be continued...

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment