Sunday, January 31, 2021

Next roleplaying distraction...

 On my night stand...

With the Pulp Fantastic campaign going well, I have foolishly started looking at running a fantasy campaign...

While I will still be gaming in my C&S world, I shall be drawing inspiration from this game, for at least one of the players. Looks like it should handle organizations very well, and long term planning. The plan is for a thief leader, trying to either rise through the ranks of the local guild, or to create a rival guild to take over from the main guild. 

While there are nice setting ideas in this game the full setting hold no real appeal to me. I shall instead use one of the many pre-generated cities that I have from the old days of gaming. So, the choices are:

  • The City State of the Invincible Overlord
  • The City State of the World Emperor
  • Tarantis
  • The free City of Haven
  • Lankmar
  • Sanctuary (more as a starter city from where to move into a larger city)

 The company also producers another game Blades of Darkness wherein you run a mercenary company. As I have someone interested in doing that, that book may also come in handy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment